@Revolution:Global Business News

New Economy, Leadership, Entrepreneurship, Management, Global Business

The China Code

Posted by iBlog on August 20, 2007

In 2006, a 4-year-old child died after eating a piece of costume jewelry routinely given away with purchases by sneaker manufacturer Reebok. The cause of death: lead poisoning. “I was shocked a child had died,” says the owner of a nine-person jewelry manufacturing company in New York. Although her company’s products were not involved, the entrepreneur wanted to be sure the necklaces and bracelets she was making in China were safe. She had them tested and discovered the lead content was off the charts. Stunned, she phoned her Chinese manufacturer and demanded the lead be removed.

Read the full article in BusinessWeek.com

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

 
%d bloggers like this: